Thursday, September 24, 2020

Puppets

Robin wasn't around for a while there.
 
The day before yesterday, Magnus mentioned that he heard word from the higher-ups that there were plans to shut down Tower TV.

You do the math.

Yesterday, there was a knock on the door of my quarters. I knew who it would be before I answered the door.

"Hi, Addie," Robin said as she walked into the room. She gave me a relieved expression, followed by a hug.
"Hi, Robin," I said.
"...What's wrong?" she asked.
I sighed. "That obvious, huh?" I shook my head and pulled away. "I wanted to know... what have you been doing the past few days?"
The color drained from her face. "I... I can't talk about that."
"Okay. Okay," I said, walking to the window and staring out at the courtyard. Finally, I turned around. "What are we going to do, Robin?"
"What do you mean?"
"We can't go back to normal. Not anymore. I don't even know if normal worked, if something like this was able to happen. So what do we do instead?"
"I don't- I don't know."
I laughed. "I don't either."

No comments:

Post a Comment