Thursday, June 20, 2019

The Greatest Generation

My great-grandpa served in the Navy in World War 2. He got captured and killed by members of the Japanese Navy. It was a respectable way to go, even if it was tragic. They were one of the most powerful navies in the world back then- in fact, aside from Britain, the only other navy that good was our own.

They killed him even though he had a wife at home. He didn't even know she was pregnant yet.

The idea that the watch could be some sort of monster just waiting to break out is honestly sickening. I don't want to destroy it, though. It's one of the only things he left behind. It's the only one we still have around.

I don't know what I'm waiting for. For Leo and those suited guys to come out and say "surprise, it was all one big joke, and you're an idiot for believing us for one second?" I guess it has to be something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment