Saturday, June 1, 2019

The library

So apparently some kids broke into the library at my college last night. They weren’t very destructive, and the only thing missing afterwards was some sort of obscure religious text. More weird things happening around here, it would seem.

Incidentally, out of sheer paranoia, I visited a hardware store and put the watch in a chained-up metal box in my basement, as per Aegis' suggestion. I know it's probably nothing, just some weirdos with nothing better to do, but the thought that something was wrong with that watch kind of wormed its way into my head for some reason, and the only way I was able to get it out was to do what Aegis suggested. I mean, it's not like I have to keep it there forever, or anything like that.

(You can only imagine the look on the clerk's face when I bought this stuff and realized I hadn't come up with a valid excuse for a skinny university student to want to buy a metal crate and heavy chains. I forget, but I think I said it was for "leaky pipes," as if that makes any sense.)

Point is, I don’t really like the thought of destroying the watch in case the Aegis people were just messing with me. It was my great-grandpa’s, after all, even if I never knew him.

No comments:

Post a Comment