Saturday, June 22, 2019

The watch

I had Leo over earlier today to tell him what's going on.

"I stepped on the watch, but it fused back together. It crawled back into the box, almost like it was scared, so I shut it and locked it. I'm just... not sure what's going on. Ever."
"You broke it, huh? Good on you. But if it didn't stay broken... well, did ARC tell you how to contact them?"
"No."
"Figures. They show up at your apartment without providing any concrete evidence that the watch is dangerous, but that's your one chance to chat, and if you don't believe them at first, that's your only opportunity to pawn this thing off on them, sorry, no refunds... wait." His eyes widened. "I do have one friend in ARC. She's an intern named Robin, I knew her before she joined. Maybe I can get you two in contact. Although... I haven't seen her since she joined, and we kinda left off on a bad note..." He scratched his chin. "Well, I can brave that particular nightmare scenario if it means the two of us don't get torn apart by a monster living in your watch."
"Thanks."
"Don't mention it."

He texted Robin's number to see if it was still hers, or if ARC had her change her contact information. Now we're just waiting for a response.

No comments:

Post a Comment